What is the strategy used to test a new mobile app? Which types of testing should be included?
Here are some of the essential points:
- Selection of the devices – Understanding the market’s demand and the commonly used devices will be highly recommended before choosing the set of testing devices. (This choice could be dependent on the stakeholders or the app builders’ consideration)
- Utilizing emulators – The use of emulators is useful, especially in the initial stages of development, since they allow quick checking of the app. It is a system that runs software from one environment to another environment without changing the software itself. It also duplicates the features and works on the real system.
- Types of testing:
As for testing a new mobile application, several types of tests should be involved in order to ensure the app works as expected. Therefore, the strategy is all tied into these following types of testing:
- Functional testing
- System integration testing
- Installation and uninstallation of the application
- HTML control testing
- Performance testing
- Testing multiple mobile OS
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Gateway testing
- Network and battery testing