An architect in microservices architecture plays the following roles:
- Decides broad strokes about the layout of the overall software system.
- Helps in deciding the zoning of the components. So, they make sure components are mutually cohesive, but not tightly coupled.
- Code with developers and learn the challenges faced in day-to-day life.
- Make recommendations for certain tools and technologies to the team developing microservices.
- Provide technical governance so that the teams in their technical development follow principles of Microservice.