Presentation stream can be defined as the stream of unicode characters which makes use of comments, directives, node styles, scalar content formats, and also other presentation details so that to present the content in a human-readable manner.
- YAML allows numerous serialization trees to be contain in same character stream, as a series of documents separated by markers.
- Node Styles– Node can be represented in some style. YAML supports two types of styles like Block style (uses Identation) and Flow style (uses explicit indicators).
- YAML consists of two scalar styles like Block scalar style (literal and folded style)and Flow scalar style (plain style, single-quoted style and double-quoted style).
- Scalar formats– Scalar can be presented in various formats. For example integer can be represented in hexa-decimal format.
- Comments– comments are not associated with any node. It is like a bridge between various human maintainers of a file.
- Directives– Document is associated with set of directives. Directive is like giving set of instructions to the YAML processor. YAML provides you with two types of directives like YAML and