Using the Data Annotation Validator Attributes
DataAnnotation plays a vital role in added validation to properties while designing the model itself. This validation can be added for both the client side and the server side.
You understand that decorating the properties in a model with an Attribute can make that property eligible for Validation.
Some of the DataAnnotation used for validation are given below,
Specify a property as required.
1. [Required(ErrorMessage=”CustomerName is mandatory”)]
Specifies the regular expression to validate the value of the property.
1. [RegularExpression(“[a-z]”, ErrorMessage = “Invalid character”)]
Specifies the Range of values between which the property values are checked.
1. [Range(1000,10000,ErrorMessage=”Range should be between 1k & 10k”)]
Specifies the Min & Max length for a string property.
1. [StringLength(50, MinimumLength = 5, ErrorMessage = “Minimum char is 5 and maximum char is 10”)]
Specifies the Max length for the property value.
1. [MaxLength(10,ErrorMessage=”Customer Code is exceeding”)]
It is used to check for minimum length.
1. [MinLength(5, ErrorMessage = “Customer Code is too small”)]