In REST, any HTTP Request has 5 main components, they are:
- Method/Verb − This part tells what methods the request operation represents. Methods like GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, etc are some examples.
- URI − This part is used for uniquely identifying the resources on the server.
- HTTP Version − This part indicates what version of HTTP protocol you are using. An example can be HTTP v1.1.
- Request Header − This part has the details of the request metadata such as client type, the content format supported, message format, cache settings, etc.
- Request Body − This part represents the actual message content to be sent to the server.