- Salesforce record types permit us to associate different business processes and display different picklist values and page layouts to different users based on the user profile.
- Administrators are having the ability to associate record types with the user profiles so that, in the record’s detail page, different users will be able to see different picklist values and page layouts.
- For example, consider a case where record types are most often used i.e., to create two different sales processes on the Opportunity object. Each of them with different sales stages and page layouts. This will indicate that with record types you will be able to apply multiple page layouts per object as well as per user profile.
- Benefits of record types:
- It modifies user interaction experience to specific needs of the business.
- Allows for administration in a simple manner as there are fewer fields to maintain.