Google Search Console (previously known as Webmaster Tool) is a free service by Google that allows users to monitor the health and visibility of their websites. It offers the following insights:
- A confirmation that Google can find and crawl a site
- Troubleshooting indexing issues
- Re-indexing the fresh or updated content
- Showing the backlinks to the site
- Fixing problems in mobile usability, AMP, and other search features
- Monitoring Google Search traffic data for the site: How often the site appears on SERP, which specific search queries show the site, how often users click through for those search queries, etc.
- Alerts and notifications about spam, indexing problems, or other issues